The school was established to develop a specifically Christian ethos: this can be derived from two key passages in the Bible.
Firstly Jesus said: ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and your neighbour as yourself.’
Secondly we read: ‘There are three things that will endure: faith, hope and love – and the greatest of these is love.’
From these we derive the following principles and values:
- Relationships are the most precious things in life: our relationships with God and with one another.
- Character is foundational: as a school we believe that if we develop the right character qualities in our students, they will prosper in their relationships and their careers.
- Love, mutual and unselfish care for each other, is of the highest value.
- Encouraging faith and confidence in who we are and what God has equipped us to become gives us hope and purpose in life.
- Material success is not primary but will often be a consequence of setting the right values and priorities in life.
- Academic success will be a consequence of right relationships and good character qualities.
- God values every individual regardless of their wealth, academic potential, physical attributes or prowess.
Shaping Character, Pursuing Excellence